- [SPORTS ★] AMERICAN FOOTBALL COMING TO LONDON?
- [TECHNOLOGY ★★] THE WORLD’S LARGEST DIGITAL CAMERA IS BEING BUILT IN CHILE
- [LIFE ★] WHY YOU SHOULD ALWAYS DRESS UP ON A PLANE
- [EDUCATION ★★] WILL INTERNATIONAL LOVE HELP YOUR LANGUAGE SKILLS?
- [WORLD NEWS ★] EDWARD SNOWDEN JOINS TWITTER
- [OPINION ★★★] IS PEOPLE-RATING SYSTEM A GOOD IDEA?
- [BUSINESS ★] HACKERS STEAL T-MOBILE DATA ON 15 MILLION U.S. CUSTOMERS
- [CULTURE AND ENTERTAINMENT ★★] FRANCE AND THE NETHERLANDS TEAM UP TO BUY REMBRANDT PAINTINGS
- [ENVIRONMENT ★] THE MOST UNUSUAL MOON OF ALL
- [TRAVEL ★★★] VISITING TBILISI, THE CAPITAL OF GEORGIA
[SPORTS ★] AMERICAN FOOTBALL COMING TO LONDON? (P1) UK CHANCELLOR George Osborne wants to have a National Football League franchise based permanently in London within the next five years to confirm the city’s status as the “sporting capital of the world”. (P2) …
[Business★★] 10 Ways to Prove Your Superior Intelligence in Any Business Situation [Business★★] The Sharing Economy’s New Middlemen [Thoughts★★★] What America Has Lost Since Selma [Thoughts★★★] Why the “Blurred Lines” Copyright Verdict Should Be Thrown Out [life★] John Oliver explains …
[Science ★★★] (P1) A biodegradable film made of milk protein has been invented, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) on Aug. 21. (P2) The film is a mixture of a milk protein called casein and citrus pectin. Pectin …
The short answer is no, you should not start a sentence with “but”. “But” is a coordinating conjunction that joins words, phrases, and clauses together: The phone rang but no one picked up. It is grammatically incorrect to start a …