Idioms related to horse:
- Get off your high horse
– stop being so arrogant
- Stop horsing around
– stop fooling around
- you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make it drink
– you can’t make people do what they don’t want to do
- Straight from the horse’s mouth
– you’ve something from the most authoritative or dependable source.
- Making hay (while the sun shines)
– to make the most of current opportunities
- A charlie horse
– muscle cramps in the legs
- I could eat a horse.
– very very hungry.
- Don’t put the cart before the horse.
– be patient and do things the right way, in the right order
- That’s a horse of a different color.
– when you bring something up that is unlike that which you are already talking about
- Hold your horses!
– hold on, be patient, stop what you’ve just started