“What are your strengths?”
Write up your answer to the question above (a paragraph or two), and share it with your Cambly tutor to refine your answer.
Tips on how to answer…
- Your strengths could include:
- Experience: Experience with a certain software or type of task, expertise in a particular industry, a track record of working with similar products or clients, etc.
- Abilities such as programming in a desired language, writing proposals, selling widgets, litigating cases, organizing events, translating from Mandarin, etc.
- Soft skills — Competencies such as problem-solving, influencing, team building, negotiation, managing up, etc.
- Education/training — Relevant background on topics critical to the job — including college degrees, certifications, training seminars, mentoring, internships, etc.
- Narrow your list down to leave 5 strengths
- Develop at least one example to illustrate your strengths
- Be accurate, relevant, and specific
“I think one of my greatest strengths is as a problem solver. I have the ability to see a situation from different perspectives and I can get my work done even in the face of difficult obstacles. I also feel that my communication skills are top notch. I feel just as comfortable presenting to senior executives as I do mediating a conflict between junior team members. I worked as a programmer in the past so I have that perspective of a developer and I think that they respect me for that.”