“What questions do you have for me?”
Write up your answer to the question above (a paragraph or two), and share it with your Cambly tutor to refine your answer.
Tips on how to answer…
- Prepare at least two questions that demonstrate your interest in the position, your drive to excel in the role, and the fact that you’ve done some homework
- Avoid yes or no questions
- Avoid questions about benefits and pay; hold those for once you have an offer
- Can you tell me more about the day-to-day responsibilities of this job?
- What do you think are the most important qualities for someone to excel in this role?
- What are your expectations for this role during the first 30 days, 60 days, year?
- Describe the culture of the company.
- Where do you think the company is headed in the next 5 years?
- Who do you consider your top competitor, and why?
- What are the biggest opportunities facing the company/department right now?
- What are the biggest challenges facing the company/department right now?
- What do you like best about working for this company?
- What is the typical career path for someone in this role?
- How do I compare with the other candidates you’ve interviewed for this role?
- What are the next steps in the interview process?