The IELTS Speaking (Part 1) covers a few general questions about familiar topics, lasting 4-5 minutes. The grading rubric is attached at the bottom.
- Describe your hometown.
- What’s special about it?
- Where is your hometown located?
- Is it easy to travel around your hometown?
- What is it known for?
- What do people in your town do?
- What are the main industries in your hometown?
- What problems face your hometown?
- What languages are spoken in your hometown?
- What are the advantages of living in your hometown?
- What are some problems faced by your hometown?
- Compare your hometown with another city.
- What are some environmental problems faced by your hometown?
- What’s the weather like in your country?
- Does the weather affect your mood?
- How do rainy days make you feel?
- What’s your favourite season of the year?
- What do you like to do when it’s hot?
- What do you usually do in the winter?
- How many seasons does your country have?
- Describe your home.
- What kind of building do you live in?
- How long have you lived there?
- Have you ever been to a wedding?
- Whose wedding was it?
- Where was it held?
- What clothes do people wear?
- Describe the wedding ceremony.
- What sort if gifts do people buy for the bridal couple?
- What kind of clothes did the bride and groom wear?
- Do you like to travel?
- What kind of places have you visited in your life?
- Which place would you really like to visit? Why?
- What’s the best place you’ve ever visited?
- Do you think computers help society?
- Do you think computers are bad for health?
- How do you think computers have changed the world?
GRADING RUBRIC (Click to enlarge)