The IELTS Speaking (Part 1) covers a few general questions about familiar topics, lasting 4-5 minutes. The grading rubric is attached at the bottom.
- Do you watch television a lot?
- What do you usually watch on television?
- How many hours of television do you usually watch?
- What are the most popular shows in your country?
- What kind of shows do you like to watch?
- What are some advantages of television?
- What are someof the disadvantages of television?
- What did you last watch on television?
- Why do you think certain TV shows are so popular?
- Which places would you recommend to a visitor to your country?
- Do a lot of tourists visit your country?
- What do they usually do there?
- How has tourism changed your country?
- Is your country expensive for most tourists?
- What are some famous landmarks in your country?
- Describe your daily routine.
- What do you usually do?
- What do you do on the weekend?
- What is you typical weekday like?
- Does your life change much from week to week?
- Do you have any free time during the week?
- Which country are you from?
- Where is this country located?
- Which part of the country do most people live in?
- What are the main industries in your country?
- Is it easy to travel around your country?
- What type of clothes do you like to wear?
- What kind of clothes do people in your country usually wear?
- How important is fashion to you?
- What kind of clothes do you dislike?
- Do you think people behave differently in different kinds of clothes?
- What kind of clothes do people wear to work in your country?
- Are clothes expensive in your country?
GRADING RUBRIC (Click to enlarge)