(P1) If you haven’t updated to iOS 9.3, you may want to wait: According to AppleInsider, users are reporting a bug that causes apps to crash and freeze. The problem occurs when clicking hyperlinks in Apple apps including Mail, Messages, and Safari, as well as some third-party apps like the Google Chrome Web browser; after tapping on the Web link, the app will freeze or crash. It appears that newer iPhones and iPads are the most impacted, but some users with older devices are also having problems; in addition, some users running iOS 9.2 are reporting the same issue.
VOCABULARY: crash and freeze, hyperlinks, impacted, threads, forums, “Universal Links”
If you found the passage difficult to read or had problems understanding specific words or idiomatic expressions, please discuss them with your tutor. The following discussion questions should be answered in your own words and with your own arguments.
- Briefly, summarize the content of the article in your own words.
- Which brand of a smartphone do you own? Why?
- If you don’t own an Apple smartphone, would you like to buy one? Why or why not?
- If you own an Apple smartphone, are you having similar problems with the latest update to IOS 9.3 ?
- Could Apple have done a better job of releasing the newest IOS update so there were fewer crashes and freezes? Why or why not?
EXPRESSIONS or PHRASES:
What do the following expressions or phrases mean?
- Reporting a bug (P1)
- Third-party apps (P1)