(P1) A lion escaped from the Nairobi National Park and injured a local resident. Kenyan rangers feared that it would hurt more people and they open fire on the animal.
(P2) This is the third incident of a lion wandering from the park and causing chaos in the country’s capital. People were able to capture the previous lions and return them to protected areas.
VOCABULARY: escaped, injured, resident, rangers, wandering, chaos
If you found the passage difficult to read or had problems understanding specific words or idiomatic expressions, please discuss them with your tutor. The following discussion questions should be answered in your own words and with your own arguments.
- Briefly, summarize the content of the article in your own words.
- Do you like lions? Why or why not?
- Do you have wild lions in your country? What about in zoos?
- If you were attacked by a lion, what would you do?
- Do you have protected areas for animals in your country? If so, where?
EXPRESSIONS or PHRASES:
What do the following expressions or phrases mean?
- Open fire (P1)
- Protected areas (P2)
Image Source: By Daughter#3 – Cecil, CC BY-SA 2.0 https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=42030099
i missed you T. Kristin N