(P3) The rescuers stayed with the fourth orca, protecting it from the ice, until higher waters allowed it to join the others.
VOCABULARY: trapped, rescue, whales, coastline, gaps, calf, protecting
If you found the passage difficult to read or had problems understanding specific words or idiomatic expressions, please discuss them with your tutor. The following discussion questions should be answered in your own words and with your own arguments.
- Briefly, summarize the content of the article in your own words.
- Do you like Orca whales? Why or why not?
- What do you think about the rescue workers saving the 4 Orca whales?
- How do you think the whales got trapped?
- Do you like cold weather? Why or why not?
EXPRESSIONS or PHRASES:
What do the following expressions or phrases mean?
- Far east (P1)
- Swim through (P2)
- Higher waters (P3)
Image Source: by toryjk https://www.flickr.com/photos/toryjk/4564366582