(p1) Robots are part of our lives, and they are about to be even more present. The first example is going to be self-driving cars. In the next 20 or 30 years, we will start to see serious humanoid robots in our homes. They will do all the things that we see in science fiction.
VOCABULARY: humanoid, fiction, intrigue, curator, reaction
If you found the passage difficult to read or had problems understanding specific words or idiomatic expressions, please discuss them with your tutor. The following discussion questions should be answered in your own words and with your own arguments.
- Briefly, summarize the content of the article in your own words.
- Do you like robots? Why or why not?
- Do robots scare you? Why or why not?
READING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS:
- Self-driving cars will never exist. (T or F)
- People feel intrigued and scared about robots. (T or F)
- The administrator of the Science Museum in England said the response by humans is natural and human. (T or F)
EXPRESSIONS or PHRASES:
What do the following expressions or phrases mean?
- More present (P1)
- Self-driving (P1)