Ambitions. Dreams. Plans. If these words drive and motivate you, then you definitely aspire to be successful. Being aspirational is one of the most positive qualities one can possess because it pushes you forward to become a better-equipped individual. Here are some signs that prove that you are an aspirational person.
- Whenever you daydream, you always imagine yourself as a famous personality who is being applauded by a large number of fans.
- You are so passionate about work that even your bosses and colleagues blindly trust you to finish anything that’s given to you.
- You get excited about learning new skills and handling new responsibilities and you hate mundane routine jobs.
- Your mind is always active, thinking about the next big jump in your career.
- You are not very patient and you like things to happen quickly, especially when it comes to your career growth.
- You always see the big picture. You know exactly where you want to be 5 years down the line.
- You always take out time to introspect about your strengths and weaknesses so that you can become better.
- You always aim to be one step ahead of others.
- Your dream goal is to be known as the best in your field.
- Though you might be loaded with responsibilities, you still look for a way to move ahead in your field.
- Your ultimate aim is to build a weighty resume with which you don’t have to go out and look for jobs. Rather, the jobs should come looking for you.
VOCABULARY: aspirational, applauded, mundane, introspect, weighty
If you found the passage difficult to read or had problems understanding specific words or idiomatic expressions, please discuss them with your tutor. The following discussion questions should be answered in your own words and with your own arguments.
- Briefly, summarize the content of the article in your own words.
- Do you agree or disagree with the 11 signs? Why?
- Which of these signs do you possess? Explain why.
- In your opinion, do you think it’s important to have a weighty resume? Why or why not?
READING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS:
- Your co-workers have full faith in you to complete your work assignments. Which sign is this one?
- Being ambitious means you like ordinary daily schedules. (T or F)
- What is the ultimate ambition of an aspirational person?
- Jobs will find you instead of you finding them. (T or F)
EXPRESSIONS or PHRASES:
What do the following expressions or phrases mean?
- Better-equipped individual (intro)
- Large number of fans (#1)
- blindly trust (#2)
- Big picture (#6)
- One step ahead of others (#8)
Image source: by “unknown” https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/650/1*10V_DfQ66EhOOBq2kCzaDA.jpeg