[World News ★]
(P1) This happens in Turkey. Students are on a bus. They travel home from a weekend trip from a national park. Their bus hits another car. The bus falls into a canal. The fall kills 14 people. The fall injures 26 people.
(P2) Many people come to watch the bus in the canal. Doctors and other people work through the night to help the people on the bus.
(P3) Finally, they pull the bus out of the canal. It is unclear how many people are on the bus.
VOCABULARY: happens, canal, injures, pull, unclear
If you found the passage difficult to read or had problems understanding specific words or idiomatic expressions, please discuss them with your tutor. The following discussion questions should be answered in your own words and with your own arguments.
- Briefly, summarize the content of the article in your own words.
- Do you like to go on weekend trips? Why or why not?
- Have you ever been on a bus? If yes, why?
- Why do you think the bus hit the car?
READING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS:
- Who was on the bus?
- The bus was in the water. (T or F)
- How many people died?
- How many students were injured?
- There were 50 students on the bus. (T or F)
EXPRESSIONS or PHRASES:
What do the following expressions or phrases mean?
- Weekend trip (P1)
- Work through the night (P2)
Image Source: By Dickelbers, CC-BY-SA 3.0 https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Turkey_ambulance_02.JPG
thanks alot. igot agood experience from this article