(P2) There is a difficult baby elephant. A person sings to it. The singing helps the elephant. It calms down and it starts to sleep.
VOCABULARY: nature park, take care, difficult, other, too
If you found the passage difficult to read or had problems understanding specific words or idiomatic expressions, please discuss them with your tutor. The following discussion questions should be answered in your own words and with your own arguments.
- Briefly, summarize the content of the article in your own words.
- Do you like animals? Why or why not?
- Would you sing to elephants? Why or why not?
- Do you like to hear people sing? Why or why not?
READING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS:
- Which country is the park in?
- The park is home to tigers also. (T or F)
- When people sing to the baby elephant, it doesn’t go to sleep. (T or F)
- People only sing to one elephant? (T or F)
EXPRESSIONS or PHRASES:
What do the following expressions or phrases mean?
- It is home (P1)
- Calms down (P2)