(P1) Richmond is in Virginia, USA. It is the state’s capital.
(P2) The zoo in Richmond has two new animals. They are baby snow leopards. They are one month old. They do not have names. Their mother takes very good care of them.
(P3) People cannot see the snow leopards yet. They are in a private den with their mother. People must wait a few months.
(P4) Snow leopards are an endangered species.
VOCABULARY: capital, takes, care, yet, den, endangered species
If you found the passage difficult to read or had problems understanding specific words or idiomatic expressions, please discuss them with your tutor. The following discussion questions should be answered in your own words and with your own arguments.
- Briefly, summarize the content of the article in your own words.
- Do you like going to the zoo? Why or why not?
- Which animals do you like? Why?
- Do you have any pets at home? If so, which ones?
READING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS:
- Where are the snow leopards located?
- How many little snow leopards are in the zoo?
- The mother of the snow leopards does not take good care of her babies. (T or F)
- The people visiting the zoo can see the snow leopards. (T or F)
- There’s only a small number of these animals in the world. (T or F)
EXPRESSIONS or PHRASES:
What do the following expressions or phrases mean?
- State’s capital (P1)
- Takes very good care (P2)
- Private den (P3)
- A few months (P3)
Image Source: WENN.com