[World News ★]
(P1) June 21st is International Yoga Day. 30,000 people in India did yoga on that day. One of them was the Indian Prime Minister, Narendra Modi.
(P3) The people proved that anyone can do yoga, even 65-year-old heads of state.
VOCABULARY: did, embrace, increase, potential, anyone
If you found the passage difficult to read or had problems understanding specific words or idiomatic expressions, please discuss them with your tutor. The following discussion questions should be answered in your own words and with your own arguments.
- Briefly, summarize the content of the article in your own words.
- Do you like yoga? Why or why not?
- Why do you think there’s an International Yoga Day?
- Which exercises do you like? Why?
READING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS:
- International Yoga Day is in the month of June? (T or F)
- Which head of state did yoga that day?
- Modi told India to welcome yoga in their life. (T or F)
- According to the article, not everyone can do yoga. (T or F)
- How old is the Prime Minister?
EXPRESSIONS or PHRASES:
What do the following expressions or phrases mean?
- International Yoga Day (P1)
- Connect with themselves (P2)
- Heads of state (P3)