(P1) Chester Zoo is in England. It has three new animals, warthog babies. Their names are Hedwig, Nagini, and Aragog. These are names from the “Harry Potter” books. There are two girls and a boy. They are just 20 centimeters tall.
VOCABULARY: warthog, warts, tusks, danger, catch
If you found the passage difficult to read or had problems understanding specific words or idiomatic expressions, please discuss them with your tutor. The following discussion questions should be answered in your own words and with your own arguments.
- Briefly, summarize the content of the article in your own words.
- Do you like going to zoos? Why or why not?
- Are warthogs ugly or beautiful? Why?
- Do you like to read books about Harry Potter? Why or why not?
READING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS:
- What is the name of the zoo?
- What are the names of the newborn warthogs?
- The mother warthog had 2 boys and 1 girl. (T or F)
- Where are warts located on warthogs?
- The animals are from Africa. (T or F)
EXPRESSIONS or PHRASES:
What do the following expressions or phrases mean?
- 20 centimeters tall (P1)
- one pair (P2)
- a second pair (p2)
- in danger (P3)
Image source: by “unknown” http://www.chesterzoo.org/global/press-and-media/press-releases/2015/06/warthog-piglets