(P2) The dog’s owner made a new home for the bird in an indoor tree, but the owner found that the dog and the bird preferred to stay together.
(P3) The owner began filming them and their activities and then put the videos on the Internet. You can see the dog and bird playing hide-and-seek or lying together. The videos are very popular, as people have already watched them thousands of times.
VOCABULARY: fell, nest, preferred, hide-and-seek, lying
If you found the passage difficult to read or had problems understanding specific words or idiomatic expressions, please discuss them with your tutor. The following discussion questions should be answered in your own words and with your own arguments.
- Briefly, summarize the content of the article in your own words.
- Do children play hide-and-seek in your country? Why or why not?
- Do you like dogs? Why or why not?
- Do you think it’s odd the two animals formed a friendly relationship? Why or why not?
- Will you go watch the videos on the internet? Why or why not?
READING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS:
- What’s the breed of the dog?
- What did the bird fall out of?
- The animals didn’t want to be together. (T of F)
- What 2 things do the animals like to do together?
- How many times has the video been watched?
EXPRESSIONS or PHRASES:
What do the following expressions or phrases mean?
- surprising friendship (P1)
- took care of her (P1)
- indoor tree (P2)
- thousands of times (P3)