[World News ★]
(P3) The police find some of these criminals and slaves. The police find 29 criminals. The police save 5 slaves. The police believe that there are more criminals. They believe that there are 40 slaves altogether.
VOCABULARY: criminals, kidnap, slaves, masters, believe
If you found the passage difficult to read or had problems understanding specific words or idiomatic expressions, please discuss them with your tutor. The following discussion questions should be answered in your own words and with your own arguments.
- Briefly, summarize the content of the article in your own words.
- What should the police do with the criminals?
- Why do bad people kidnap other people?
- Do you think this happens in other countries? Why or why not?
READING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS:
- Which country are the criminals and slaves in?
- Some people are found in bus stations. (T or F)
- The slaves are only children. (T or F)
- How many bad people did the police find?
- How many people do the police think are slaves?
EXPRESSIONS or PHRASES:
What do the following expressions or phrases mean?
- human trafficking (title)
- find them (P1)
- don’t behave well (P2)
- only a little food (P2)
- 40 slaves altogether (P3)