(P1) In India, some teenagers have a game. This is a dangerous game. A fast train can hit them.
(P2) An amateur video shows seven boys. They wait for a train. They are on a bridge. The train is coming at them full speed. When the train is near them, they jump from the bridge into a river. The train almost hits them.
(P3) Then they swim in the river. They are lucky that they are alive.
VOCABULARY: teenagers, amateur, bridge, speed, almost, alive
If you found the passage difficult to read or had problems understanding specific words or idiomatic expressions, please discuss them with your tutor. The following discussion questions should be answered in your own words and with your own arguments.
- Briefly, summarize the content of the article in your own words.
- Would you play this game? Why or why not?
- Do teenagers play dangerous games in your country? If yes, tell me about it.
- Why is this train game dangerous?
READING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS:
- Where do the teenagers live?
- How many teenagers are playing the game?
- What are the boys on?
- The train is not going fast. (T or F)
- What do the teenagers do in the water?
EXPRESSIONS or PHRASES:
What do the following expressions or phrases mean?
- can hit them (p1)
- coming at them (P2)
- jump from the bridge (P2)
- they are lucky (P2)
Image source: by “unknown” http://www.trendyfest.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/195497054.png