VOCABULARY: introduced, despicable, inflatable, blew, standstill, injured
If you found the passage difficult to read or had problems understanding specific words or idiomatic expressions, please discuss them with your tutor. The following discussion questions should be answered in your own words and with your own arguments.
- Briefly, summarize the content of the article in your own words.
- Do you like to watch movies? Why or why not?
- Do you want to see the Minion movie? Why or why not?
- Are Minions popular in your country? Why or why not?
READING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS:
- Minions first appeared in their own movie 5 years ago. (T or F)
- How high is the Minion?
- Where does this event take place?
- The accident caused a traffic jam. (T or F)
- How many people were hurt?
EXPRESSIONS or PHRASES:
What do the following expressions or phrases mean?
- were first introduced (P1)
- five years ago (P1)
- 12-meter tall (P2)
- nobody was injured (P2)
Image source: by “unknown” http://www.foxla.com/news/8685988-story