[World News ★]
(P1) This news is from Taiwan. A bus goes to the airport. The bus is full of tourists. The people on the bus are from China.
VOCABULARY: goes, side, accident, fireman, amateur, cause
If you found the passage difficult to read or had problems understanding specific words or idiomatic expressions, please discuss them with your tutor. The following discussion questions should be answered in your own words and with your own arguments.
- Briefly, summarize the content of the article in your own words.
- Have there been bad accidents in your country? If yes, tell me about one.
- What do you think started the fire?
- Do you use the bus in your country? Why or why not?
READING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS:
- Where is the bus going?
- Who is on the bus?
- How many people died?
- Was the fire small or big?
- People know what caused the fire. (T or F)
EXPRESSIONS or PHRASES:
What do the following expressions or phrases mean?
- to the airport (P1)
- goes from one side of the road to the other (P2)
- hits the side of the road (P2)
- the cause of this fire (P3)
Image source: by “unknown” http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3469/3980086908_02b0c8a4ec_b.jpg