[World News ★]
VOCABULARY: steals, wallet, thief, celebration, goes, prison
If you found the passage difficult to read or had problems understanding specific words or idiomatic expressions, please discuss them with your tutor. The following discussion questions should be answered in your own words and with your own arguments.
- Briefly, summarize the content of the article in your own words.
- Why do people steal?
- Do you think 2 weeks in prison will help him? Why or why not?
- Why does he dance after he steals money?
READING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS:
- How old is the man?
- Which city is the man in?
- Someone videotapes the man stealing the wallet. (T or F)
- What does the man do after he steals the wallet?
- It’s the first time the man steals. (T or F)
EXPRESSIONS or PHRASES:
What do the following expressions or phrases mean?
- from a car (P1)
- what the thief is doing (P2)
- find the man (P3)
- prison time is two weeks (P3)