(p2) People live in the houses, but they must go away. They do not like it. They do not want to go away.
(P4) This is a big problem in Peru. It is a problem in all of Latin America, too.
VOCABULARY: extending, enough, destroyed, fight, force
If you found the passage difficult to read or had problems understanding specific words or idiomatic expressions, please discuss them with your tutor. The following discussion questions should be answered in your own words and with your own arguments.
- Briefly, summarize the content of the article in your own words.
- Do you think the houses should be destroyed? Why or why not?
- What problems does your country have?
- Why do people fight?
READING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS:
- What is being made longer?
- What is in the way of the new road?
- Who must go away?
- Which groups are fighting?
- The problem is only in Peru. (T or F)
EXPRESSIONS or PHRASES:
What do the following expressions or phrases mean?
- go away (P1)
- in the way (P1)
- live in (P2)
- in the end (P3)
Image source: by “unknown” http://www.worldconstructionnetwork.com/features/the-pan-american-highway-from-alaska-to-argentina/