[World News ★]
(P1) Cadbury is a British chocolate brand. It has 300 scientists. They make new types of chocolate.
(P3) The scientist must be careful. She must protect her taste buds. She cannot eat certain foods like chili peppers. She can eat chocolate and get money for it!
VOCABULARY: brand, taste buds, protect, insures, certain
If you found the passage difficult to read or had problems understanding specific words or idiomatic expressions, please discuss them with your tutor. The following discussion questions should be answered in your own words and with your own arguments.
- Briefly, summarize the content of the article in your own words.
- Do you like chocolate? Why or why not?
- Which brands of chocolate do you like? (For example – Snickers, Milky Way, etc)
- Would you like to be paid to eat chocolate? Why or why not?
READING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS:
- What does the company make?
- How many scientists does Cadbury have?
- How much does Cadbury insure one of the scientists?
- What food can’t she eat?
- What does the scientist receive for eating chocolate?
EXPRESSIONS or PHRASES:
What do the following expressions or phrases mean?
- new types (P1)
- very important (P2)
- must be careful (P3)
- must protect (P3)