(P1) This news is from Australia. It is about a sheep. His name is Chris.
(P3) Chris is in danger. People must shear him. Five men make him sleep and they shear him.
VOCABULARY: wild, shear, wool, normally, danger
If you found the passage difficult to read or had problems understanding specific words or idiomatic expressions, please discuss them with your tutor. The following discussion questions should be answered in your own words and with your own arguments.
- Briefly, summarize the content of the article in your own words.
- What are some other animals that live in the wild?
- Do you like sheep? Why or why not?
- Do you wear clothes made of wool? Why or why not?
READING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS:
- Which country is Chris in?
- Chris lives in the zoo. (T or F)
- Chris is small. (T or F)
- How many kilograms of wool does Chris have?
- How many people make Chris sleep?
EXPRESSIONS or PHRASES:
What do the following expressions or phrases mean?
- grows and grows (P2)
- really big (P2)
- 4 to 5 times less (P2)
- make him sleep (P3)