In the end, he finishes the tuk-tuk. The man travels 9,978 kilometers from India to Britain.
VOCABULARY: dream, pollution, green vehicle, tuk-tuk, solar-powered, finishes
If you found the passage difficult to read or had problems understanding specific words or idiomatic expressions, please discuss them with your tutor. The following discussion questions should be answered in your own words and with your own arguments.
- Briefly, summarize the content of the article in your own words.
- Would you drive a solar-powered tuk-tuk from India to Britain? Why or why not?
- Does your country use solar power? If no, should they?
- Do you like to drive long distances? Why or why not?
READING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS:
- Where will the man start his trip?
- What type of vehicle will he make solar-powered?
- It is difficult to make the tuk-tuk solar-powered. (T or F)
- How many problems does he have?
- How many kilometers does the man drive?
EXPRESSIONS or PHRASES:
What do the following expressions or phrases mean?
- from India to Britain (P1)
- change it (P2)
- not easy (P2)
- many problems (P2)
- in the end (P3)