[World News ★]
(P3) The bridge opens before the end of the year.
VOCABULARY: connects, provinces, journey, ground, suspension
If you found the passage difficult to read or had problems understanding specific words or idiomatic expressions, please discuss them with your tutor. The following discussion questions should be answered in your own words and with your own arguments.
- What is the article about?
- Do you like to drive or walk across bridges? Why or why not?
- Are there tall bridges in your country? If so, where?
- Would you like to visit China? Why or why not?
READING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS:
- Which country is the bridge in?
- How long does it take to across the bridge?
- How high is the bridge?
- What type of bridge is it?
- When will the bridge open?
EXPRESSIONS or PHRASES:
What do the following expressions or phrases mean?
- without the bridge (P1)
- takes 4 hours (P1)
- above the ground (P2)
- the tallest bridge in the world (P2)
- before the end of the year (P3)