(P2) The festival takes two weeks. Many people wear traditional German clothing. The dresses are called dirndls. The long shorts are called lederhosen.
VOCABULARY: takes place, bags, clothing, mug, drank
If you found the passage difficult to read or had problems understanding specific words or idiomatic expressions, please discuss them with your tutor. The following discussion questions should be answered in your own words and with your own arguments.
- In your own words, what is the article about?
- Are there festivals in your country? If so, describe one.
- Does your country have traditional clothes? If so, describe them.
- Would you like to go to the Oktoberfest? Why or why not?
READING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS:
- What type of festival is the Oktoberfest?
- How many people go the festival?
- How long is the festival?
- What to people drink beer from?
- How much beer did people drink last year?
EXPRESSIONS or PHRASES:
What do the following expressions or phrases mean?
- this year (P1)
- check visitors’ bags (P1)
- takes two weeks (P2)
- one stein holds (P3)