(P1) Giant pandas were endangered. China tries very hard to help the pandas. They help them have babies.
(P2) Twenty-three pandas are born. They are born at a center in China. This is very good news. People see the group of pandas. They are very beautiful.
(P3) Now, there are more pandas. They are not endangered anymore.
VOCABULARY: endangered, babies, born, group, anymore
If you found the passage difficult to read or had problems understanding specific words or idiomatic expressions, please discuss them with your tutor. The following discussion questions should be answered in your own words and with your own arguments.
- Briefly, describe what the article is about?
- Do you like pandas? Why or why not?
- Do you think pandas are beautiful? Why or why not?
- Would you like to help take care of the baby pandas? Why or why not?
READING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS:
- Where are the pandas?
- How many pandas are new?
- Where were the pandas born in China?
- The pandas are not beautiful. (T or F)
- The pandas are still endangered. (T or F)
EXPRESSIONS or PHRASES:
What do the following expressions or phrases mean?
- China tries (P1)
- at a center in China (P2)
- very beautiful (P2)
- more pandas (P3)
Image source: By Joshua Doubek – Own work, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=28786651