(P2) A Japanese designer organizes this festival. The festival celebrates three things: Halloween, autumn, and cats. The festival is a hit. People look very good.
(P3) The Japanese love cats. They have cat cafes and Hello Kitty. People love homeless cats, too.
VOCABULARY: festival, paint, masks, parade, celebrates, homeless
If you found the passage difficult to read or had problems understanding specific words or idiomatic expressions, please discuss them with your tutor. The following discussion questions should be answered in your own words and with your own arguments.
- Briefly, summarize the content of the article in your own words.
- Do you like cats? Why or why not?
- Does your country celebrate Halloween?
- Are there festivals in your country? If yes, tell me about one?
READING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS:
- Which city is the festival in?
- What do people wear?
- Who organized the festival?
- What are the 3 things people celebrate?
- Which animal do the Japanese love?
EXPRESSIONS or PHRASES:
What do the following expressions or phrases mean?
- happens there (P1)
- cat ears (P1)
- three things (P2)
- is a hit (P2)