(P2) The panda, which weighs 112 kilograms, ran towards the man. It grabbed his leg and pushed him to the ground. They wrestled for 5 minutes before the man escaped. Neither he nor the bear was hurt. The man was lucky that he did not get two black eyes like the panda!
VOCABULARY: napping, agitated, wrestled, escaped, black eyes
If you found the passage difficult to read or had problems understanding specific words or idiomatic expressions, please discuss them with your tutor. The following discussion questions should be answered in your own words and with your own arguments.
- Briefly, summarize the content of the article in your own words.
- Why do you think the man got too close to the Panda?
- Do you think this man is crazy to touch a wild animal? Why or why not?
- What animals do you like? Why?
READING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS:
- What was the Panda doing when the man tried to touch it?
- Where did the man try to touch the animal?
- What is the weight of the Panda?
- The Panda took hold of the man’s __________.
- The man had to be rescued by other people. (T or F)
EXPRESSIONS or PHRASES:
What do the following expressions or phrases mean?
- walked up to it (P1)
- ran towards (P2)
- it grabbed his leg (P2)
- like the panda (P3)