(P1) People put thousands of small turtles into large containers. These turtles are in Peru. There are about 17,000 of these turtles. They are all babies.
VOCABULARY: containers, government, nature, roads, survive
If you found the passage difficult to read or had problems understanding specific words or idiomatic expressions, please discuss them with your tutor. The following discussion questions should be answered in your own words and with your own arguments.
- Briefly, summarize the content of the article in your own words.
- Do you like turtles? Why or why not?
- Would you help these turtles? Why or why not?
- What are some other animals you like?
READING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS:
- How many turtles were put into containers?
- Where are the turtles?
- Some of the turtles are adults. (T or F)
- Which river is now home to the turtles?
- What are the 3 reasons why there are not many turtles?
EXPRESSIONS or PHRASES:
What do the following expressions or phrases mean?
- put thousands of small turtles (P1)
- all babies (P1)
- not many of them (P2)
- cutting down trees (P3)