(P3) A person in a car took a video of the motorbike with eight people on it. The person was worried about the safety of the passengers.
VOCABULARY: designed, up to, safety, while, toddler
If you found the passage difficult to read or had problems understanding specific words or idiomatic expressions, please discuss them with your tutor. The following discussion questions should be answered in your own words and with your own arguments.
- Briefly, summarize the content of the article in your own words.
- Do you think it’s dangerous to ride a motorbike? Why or why not?
- Do you think it’s unsafe to have more than 2 people on a motorbike? Why or why not?
- Should people be educated on how to operate a motorbike safely? Why or why not?
READING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS:
- What’s the maximum number of people a motorbike is made for?
- Who caught the 8 people on a video?
- The person who took the video was only concerned about posting it on Facebook. (T or F)
- How many children are on the motorbike?
- Where is the baby on the motorbike?
EXPRESSIONS or PHRASES:
What do the following expressions or phrases mean?
- it is possible (P1)
- took a video (P2)
- worried about the safety (P2)
- operating the motorbike (P3)
Image source: by “unknown” http://www.iranhall.com/news/upload/279186-2010-4-28-11-25-58.gif