(P1)People want to go to Mars. One million people can live on Mars in 2060. Elon Musk says this.
(P2) People make a model of a house. Houses like this can be on Mars. You can see the model in Greenwich, London.
(P4) People on Mars can have 3D printers. They can print everything that they need.
VOCABULARY: million, model, atmosphere, humid, printers
- Briefly, summarize the content of the article in your own words.
- Do you think it’s possible to live on Mars? Why or why not?
- Do you want to live on Mars? Why or why not?
- Do you like humid weather? Why or why not?
READING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS:
- Who says 1 million people can live on Mars?
- Where is the model of the house?
- The air is bad inside the house. (T or F)
- The atmosphere on Mars is dry (T or F)
- ________ printers can be on Mars also.
EXPRESSIONS or PHRASES:
What do the following expressions or phrases mean?
- to go to Mars (P1)
- Elon Musk says this (P1)
- in Greenwich, London (P2)
- The air inside the house (P3)
- can have 3D printers (P4)
Image source: By NASA/JPL/Cornell University, Maas Digital LLC – http://photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov/catalog/PIA04413 (image link), Public Domain, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=565283