(P1) This news is about a man. He is 54 years old. People say that he is a Spiderman. He climbs tall buildings. He climbs the Burj Khalifa and the Eiffel Tower.
VOCABULARY: climbs, wear, harness, wait, reporters
If you found the passage difficult to read or had problems understanding specific words or idiomatic expressions, please discuss them with your tutor. The following discussion questions should be answered in your own words and with your own arguments.
- Briefly, summarize the content of the article in your own words.
- Would you climb a tall building? Why or why not?
- Do you like spiderman? Why or why not?
- Do think the man is crazy?
READING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS:
- How old is the person like spiderman?
- What 2 buildings did he climb?
- How many floors is the building in Barcelona?
- Who waits for him at the bottom of the building?
- There are other people at the bottom of the building. (T or F)
EXPRESSIONS or PHRASES:
What do the following expressions or phrases mean?
- tall buildings (P1)
- to go up and down (P2)
- gets down (P3)
- they take him (P3)
Image source: By Markus, Poessel, CC-BY-SA 3.4, https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Alain_Robert_NYT-Building_2008-06-05.jpg