(P1) In South London, there is a 200-year-old building. It is Brixton Flour Mill. It is the only working flour mill in London. For 200 years, it runs in the same way.
(P3) People want to build an educational center at the windmill. They need people’s help.
VOCABULARY: flour mill, grain, machine, crush, bag, center
If you found the passage difficult to read or had problems understanding specific words or idiomatic expressions, please discuss them with your tutor. The following discussion questions should be answered in your own words and with your own arguments.
- Briefly, summarize the content of the article in your own words.
- Are there old buildings in your city? If so, describe one.
- Do you like to visit old buildings? Why or why not?
- Have you ever been to London? If yes, did you like it? If no, do you want to go there?
READING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS:
- Where is the windmill located?
- What is the name of the windmill?
- What are the people doing inside the windmill?
- What is the flour put into?
- What do people want to build at the windmill?
EXPRESSIONS or PHRASES:
What do the following expressions or phrases mean?
- only working flour mill (P1)
- it runs in the same way (P1)
- inside the mill (P2)
- put it in a machine (P2)
- people’s help (p3)