(P2) There are 6,000 Barbie dolls in his collection. The man has a favorite doll. It is his first Barbie. This Barbie is old. It is from the year of 1984.
VOCABULARY: dolls, collection, favorite, hobby, expensive
If you found the passage difficult to read or had problems understanding specific words or idiomatic expressions, please discuss them with your tutor. The following discussion questions should be answered in your own words and with your own arguments.
- Briefly, summarize the content of the article in your own words.
- What things do people in your country collect?
- Would you pay $3,600 for a Barbie doll? Why or why not?
- Are Barbie dolls popular in your country?
READING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS:
- Where is the man from?
- How many dolls does the man have?
- Which Barbie doll does he like to most?
- barbie dolls don’t cost a lot. (T or F)
- How much did the man pay for the most expensive doll?
EXPRESSIONS or PHRASES:
What do the following expressions or phrases mean?
- very big (P1)
- in his collection (P2)
- first barbie (P2)
- cost a lot of money (P3)
Image source: By Alexas_Fotos, Public domain, https://pixabay.com/cs/kr%C3%A1sa-barbie-p%C4%9Bkn%C3%BD-panenka-1265593/