[Food and Culture ★]
(P1) Fish and chips is a famous dish in England. Two types of fish are used in the dish. The problem is that there are not enough of these fish. There is less fish in the sea. This is because the sea is getting too warm for these fish.
VOCABULARY: dish, problem, warm, danger, squid, replace
If you found the passage difficult to read or had problems understanding specific words or idiomatic expressions, please discuss them with your tutor. The following discussion questions should be answered in your own words and with your own arguments.
- Briefly, summarize the content of the article in your own words.
- Have you ever tried fish and chips? If so, did you like it? If no, would you try it?
- What are some dishes in your country?
- What is your favorite dish to eat?
READING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS:
- Where is the dish famous?
- How many types of fish are used?
- The fish don’t like __________ water.
- Who said that squid must replace fish?
- There is enough squid in the seas near Britain. (T or F)
EXPRESSIONS or PHRASES:
What do the following expressions or phrases mean?
- two types (P1)
- not enough of these fish (P1)
- too warm (P1)
- in the seas (P2)
Image source: By kariwil, Public domain, https://pixabay.com/cs/ryby-ve%C4%8De%C5%99e-%C4%8Dipy-ryba-a-hranolky-1684828/