(P3) They even have a Santa Claus in their bathroom!
VOCABULARY: extreme, couple, decorations, decorate, lights, ornaments, bathroom
If you found the passage difficult to read or had problems understanding specific words or idiomatic expressions, please discuss them with your tutor. The following discussion questions should be answered in your own words and with your own arguments.
- Briefly, summarize the content of the article in your own words.
- Do people decorate for Christmas in your country? If yes, how do they decorate?
- Do you like Christmas decorations? Why or why not?
- Is your house decorate with something? If yes, what? (I.E. pictures)
READING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS:
- The two German’s dislike Christmas. (T or F)
- Every year the couple buys more decorations. (T or F)
- The couple starts to decorate in ____________.
- How long does it take them to decorate their house?
- They put a Santa Claus in their bathroom. (T or F)
EXPRESSIONS or PHRASES:
What do the following expressions or phrases mean?
- they buy more and more (P1)
- many decorations (P1)
- to set everything up (P2)
- Santa Claus (P3)