[World News ★]
(P2) He leaves the hospital. He is not OK. He is in pain.
(P4) The scissors must come out. The man goes to the same hospital. Doctors take out the scissors. Now the man is OK.
VOCABULARY: accident, operate, pain, x-ray, scissors
If you found the passage difficult to read or had problems understanding specific words or idiomatic expressions, please discuss them with your tutor. The following discussion questions should be answered in your own words and with your own arguments.
- Briefly, summarize the content of the article in your own words.
- Have you ever had an x-ray? If yes, on what part of your body?
- Have you ever had surgery? If yes, what for?
- Have you ever been in a car accident? If yes, were you injured?
READING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS:
- Where is the man from?
- When the man leaves the hospital, he is in ________.
- The x-ray was taken of his chest. (T or F)
- What was inside his belly?
- The man went to two different hospitals. (T or F)
EXPRESSIONS or PHRASES:
What do the following expressions or phrases mean?
- goes to the hospital (P1)
- leaves the hospital (P2)
- inside him (P3)
- doctors take out the scissors (P4)