(P3) People are not happy about this. They do not like it when other people use shark nets. They say that shark nets catch too many animals. These animals die because they cannot get out of the nets.
VOCABULARY: swimming, caught, supports, stays, cut, die
If you found the passage difficult to read or had problems understanding specific words or idiomatic expressions, please discuss them with your tutor. The following discussion questions should be answered in your own words and with your own arguments.
- Briefly, summarize the content of the article in your own words.
- Do you like whales? Why or why not?
- Are you sad the baby whale was caught in the net?
- Do you think people should stop using shark nets? Why or why not?
READING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS:
- What country are the whales in?
- Which whale is caught in the shark net?
- Who came to help the whales?
- The mother whale left the baby whale. (T or F)
- People are sad the baby whale was caught in the net. (T or F)
EXPRESSIONS or PHRASES:
What do the following expressions or phrases mean?
- gets stuck (p1)
- shark net (P1)
- people come (P2)
- swim away (P2)
- get out (P3)
Image source: By Andreas Tille – Own work, CC BY-SA 4.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=50654