[World News ★]
(P3) France wants to demolish the camp. However, it must wait for 5,500 refugees to leave.
VOCABULARY: refugee, leaving, gone, parts, map, demolish
If you found the passage difficult to read or had problems understanding specific words or idiomatic expressions, please discuss them with your tutor. The following discussion questions should be answered in your own words and with your own arguments.
- Briefly, summarize the content of the article in your own words.
- Should France demolish the camp? Why or why not?
- Are there refugees in your country? If so, where?
- Do you know anyone who was a refugee?
READING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS:
- Where is the refugee camp?
- How many people are in the camp?
- What did the French give each refugee?
- What does France want to do with the camp?
- How many refugees must still leave the camp?
EXPRESSIONS or PHRASES:
What do the following expressions or phrases mean?
- in the camp (P1)
- around 1,500 people (P2)
- each refugee (P2)
- must wait (P3)
Image source: By Joachim Seidler, photog_at from Austria – This file was derived from Refugee march Hungary 2015-09-04 02.jpg:, CC BY 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=43239770