Business emails need to be clear, concise and easy to read. Keep your email simple and to the point, with short sentences, a line between paragraphs and correct grammar. Here are 6 simple steps to wiring a business email.
- Write a simple and to the point subject line. Emails without a subject line will often be ignored or worse go to junk mail.
- Begin with a greeting in the same way you would a letter. Dear Sir/Madam/To Whom It May Concern/All etc.
- Have a clear opening sentence that states the point e.g. ‘I am writing to…’
- If you are adding attachments then say so e.g. ‘Please find attached…’
- End the email with what you want them to do. e.g. ‘I look forward to receiving..’
- Finally, close with an appropriate closing that matches the greeting at the beginning in the same way you would a letter. e.g. ‘Sincerely’ for formal
Author: Amanda Settle, Cambly Tutor
If you’d like to keep this conversation going with Amanda, give her a call on Cambly or make a reservation with her here: https://www.cambly.com/en/student/tutor/Amanda%20Se