[Sport & Fitness ★]
Cliff divers at Victoria Falls
(P2) The men are professionals. They normally jump from between 26.5 and 28 meters. Thirty meters is new to them.
(P3) Victoria Falls are the largest in the world. People also call them Mosi-oa-Tunya or the Smoke that Thunders.
If you found the passage difficult to read or had problems understanding specific words or idiomatic expressions, please discuss them with your tutor. The following discussion questions should be answered in your own words and with your own arguments.
- Briefly, summarize the content of the article in your own words.
- Would you jump from a cliff?
- Why do some people like this type of sport?
- Do you think this is a dangerous sport?
- Do you have any falls in your country?
What do the following expressions mean?
- Jump into (P1)
- Jump from (P2)
Image Source: By Jake73, CC BY SA 3.0 https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Cliff_divers_Acapulco.jpg