[World News ★]
VOCABULARY: theme park, Ferris wheel, injured, incident, storm, investigating
If you found the passage difficult to read or had problems understanding specific words or idiomatic expressions, please discuss them with your tutor. The following discussion questions should be answered in your own words and with your own arguments.
- Briefly, summarize the content of the article in your own words.
- Have you ever been on a Ferris Wheel? If so, did you like it? If not, do you want to ride on one?
- Are there theme parks in your country? If so, where?
- Do you like theme parks? Why or why not?
- Can adults enjoy theme parks also? Why or why not?
EXPRESSIONS or PHRASES: What do the following expressions or phrases mean?
- Broke out (P1)
- Under control (P2)
Image Source: By Khamtran – Own work, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=6418599