[World News ★]
(P3) This is not the first robbery of this kind in Paris. A similar break-in also took place in a Chanel boutique in London last January.
VOCABULARY: gang, thieves, boutique, scooters, analyze, robbery
If you found the passage difficult to read or had problems understanding specific words or idiomatic expressions, please discuss them with your tutor. The following discussion questions should be answered in your own words and with your own arguments.
- Briefly, summarize the content of the article in your own words.
- Have you ever been to Paris France? If so, describe your experience. If not, do you want to go there?
- Why do people rob from other people?
- Can you describe the types of crime committed in your city?
- Are there gangs in your city? If yes, what are some of the bad things they do to other people?
EXPRESSIONS or PHRASES: What do the following expressions or phrases mean?
- Crashed its 4X4 (P1)
- Break-in (P3)
Image Source: By Spixey from UK, CC BY 2.0 https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Chanel_store,_Paris_2009_001.jpg