(P3) There are 330 million people at the theme park. These people have enough money to go to the park. These 330 million people can get there in 3 hours.
VOCABULARY: theme park, investment, becoming, too, enough
If you found the passage difficult to read or had problems understanding specific words or idiomatic expressions, please discuss them with your tutor. The following discussion questions should be answered in your own words and with your own arguments.
- Briefly, summarize the content of the article in your own words.
- Do you like Disney? Why or why not?
- Which Disney character do you like (e.g. Mickey Mouse, Goofy, etc.?? Why?
- Have you ever been to a Disney theme park? If yes, when and where? If no, do you want to go?
READING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS:
- Where did the new park open?
- Disney spent $5.5 million to make the theme park. (T or F)
- Investing in China is not good for the USA. (T or F)
- How many people were at the new Disney?
EXPRESSIONS or PHRASES:
What do the following expressions or phrases mean?
- Grand opening ceremony (P1)
- Can get there in three hours (P3)
Image Source: By Shanghai Disney https://www.shanghaidisneyresort.com/en/