(P2) Every sample has gold in it. There are 10 to 30 milligrams of gold in a liter of pee.
VOCABULARY: pee, samples, makes, discovery, medicine
If you found the passage difficult to read or had problems understanding specific words or idiomatic expressions, please discuss them with your tutor. The following discussion questions should be answered in your own words and with your own arguments.
- Briefly, summarize the content of the article in your own words.
- Do you believe the study is true? Why or why not?
- What are cows used for in your country?
- How do you think gold got into the cow pee?
READING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS:
- How many years did the researchers study the cow pee?
- The scientists studied 600 units of pee. (T or F)
- The 600 units are not from different cows. (T or F)
- All of the units have gold in them. (T or F)
- What else can the cow urine be used for?
EXPRESSIONS or PHRASES:
What do the following expressions or phrases mean?
- Study the cow pee (P1)
- Different cow (P1)
- 30 milligrams of gold in a liter of pee (P2)
- Used in medicine (P3)
Image Source: by “Unknown” https://www.google.co.th/search?q=gold+in+cow+urine&tbm=isch&tbs=simg:CAQSkwEJbam3EQKpq9EahwELEKjU2AQaAAwLELCMpwgaYgpgCAMSKLoF_1hHqEfsRlB2bHaId_1BG1HJUdvCmUJ705pTmKIoMp7DTOKsspvSkaMA2e2at9djV4C6Sq2q50Qbybppou8Hmg-n_1LUyohD06pc07QaMiCLQfkEM6Qb-owBSAEDAsQjq7-CBoKCggIARIE9YFdKQw&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwixw5WLmLLSAhWMnpQKHUskACwQwg4IFygA&biw=1093&bih=537#imgrc=_