(P2) Two filmmaker friends said that every picture of the Solar System is wrong. The pictures are not to scale. The friends decided to make a model, which is to scale. They created the model in the Nevada desert.
VOCABULARY: universe, huge, extremely, to scale, model, desert, marble, lit
If you found the passage difficult to read or had problems understanding specific words or idiomatic expressions, please discuss them with your tutor. The following discussion questions should be answered in your own words and with your own arguments.
- Briefly, summarize the content of the article in your own words.
- Do you like to look at the stars? Why or why not?
- Do you think there is life on other planets? Why or why not?
- If you could live on another planet, which one would you pick? Why?
- Do you think it’s important to study the solar system? Why or why not?
READING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS:
- According to the article, we know a lot about the universe. (T or F)
- The solar system is larger than the entire universe. (T or F)
- Who said that every photo of the solar system is wrong?
- Where did the filmmaker friends make the model?
- What did the friends use to show the planets?
EXPRESSIONS or PHRASES:
What do the following expressions or phrases mean?
- whole universe (P1)
- filmmaker friends (P2)
- a LED light (P3)
- go check it out (P3)
Image source: by “unknown” https://cdn.thinglink.me/api/image/565911502133919746/1024/10/scaletowidth/0/0/1/1/false/true?wait=true