(P1) The Galaxy Note 7 is a phone. Samsung makes it. This type of phone has a problem. Some of the phones catch fire.
(P2) People bring these phones to Samsung. Samsung gives them new phones.
VOCABULARY: problem, bring, return, production, bans, welcome
If you found the passage difficult to read or had problems understanding specific words or idiomatic expressions, please discuss them with your tutor. The following discussion questions should be answered in your own words and with your own arguments.
- Briefly, summarize the content of the article in your own words.
- Which mobile phone do you have, Apple, Samsung, or another? Why?
- Do you know someone that has a Galaxy Note 7s? If yes, did they return it?
- Have you ever traveled to and from the USA? If yes, where did you go?
READING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS:
- What problem does the Galaxy Note 7s have?
- How many phones did people return to Samsung?
- Samsung is still making the Galaxy Note 7s. (T or F)
- Who bans these phones on airplanes?
- Who wants to be safe on airplanes?
EXPRESSIONS or PHRASES:
What do the following expressions or phrases mean?
- catch fire (P1)
- are bad, too (P3)
- to or from the USA (P4)
- to be safe (P4)
Image source: By Karlis Dambrans, CC-BY 2.0, https://www.flickr.com/photos/janitors/21027307169/in/album-72157656018074703/